Testing and Trials
Laboratories and Instruments
- Development of new formulations for thermoplastic polymers
- Process optimization for the transformation of plastic materials
- Eco-friendly resin development from bio-sourced biodegradable polymers
- Use of eco-friendly processes (reactive extrusion)
- Valorization of recycled plastics
- Development of functional polymer material
- Preparation of innovative fillers for functionalization or strengthening of thermoplastic resins
- Development of polymer material for additive manufacturing (composite and nanocomposite thermoplastics, photosensitive resins, polymer binders, etc.)
Technical Support Services
- Additive manufacturing
- Failure analysis
- Reverse engineering
- Qualification analysis
- Valorization of plastics and circular economy
- Numerical simulation (FEM/FEA)
- Process validation
- Polymer formulation
- Laboratory tests and trials
- Physicochemical characterization of polymers
- Material selection
- Failure analysis
- Design (CAD)
- Quality assurance (QA)
Mechanical and Thermomechanical Characterization
- Tensile strength, bending and compression Mechanical analysis
- Impact (Izod, Charpy, Gardner, etc.)
- Dynamic mechanical analysis (DMA)
- Thermomechanical analysis (TMA)
- Stress crack resistance (ESCR, NCLS)
- Tear resistance
- Thermal expansion coefficient (TMA)
Implementation and Manufacturing Processes
- Optimization of processes and resolving industrial issues
- Industrial Scale-Up
- Transformation, assembly and finishing
- Density/specific gravity
- Hardness (Rockwell, Shore, Barcol)
- Friction coefficient
- Water absorption
- Permeability (O2 and water vapour)
- Colour, brilliance, transparency
- Abrasion and scratches
- Twin screw extrusion
- Injection moulding
- Extrusion blow moulding
- Extrusion – calendering
- Extrusion – coating
- Filament extrusion
- Compression moulding
- Additive manufacturing processes (FDM, SLS, SLA, CLIP)
- Differential Calorimetry Analysis (DSC)
- Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
- Heat distortion temperature (HDT)
- Vicat softening point (VST)
- Flammability measurement
- Thermal conductivity
- Melt flow index (MFI)
- Viscosity (Brookfield, inherent, complex)
Aging and Degradation
- Accelerated aging (UVA, UVB, Xenon)
- Climate conditioning (environmental chamber, salt spray)
- Chemical resistance
- Chemical composition analysis (XRF)
- Ignition loss, ash content and ash analysis
- Chemical resistance
Spectroscopic and Microscopic Analysis
- UV-visible microscopy (UV-Vis), Fourier Transform InfraRed spectroscopy (FTIR) and Raman
- Optical microscopy (polarized light [POM], phase contrast, according to temperature)
- Optical microscopy combined with Raman spectroscopy
- Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) combined with Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy (EDX)
- Advanced additive manufacturing for future vertical take-off devices.
- Creation of concept demonstration strategies and hybrid manufacturing for tools – Polymer thermoplastics axis.
- Processing of recycled nylon powder for additive.
- Development of filaments made from high-performance thermoplastics and reinforced with fibres for 3D printing of parts used for the transport industry and in high temperature composite tools.
Biodegradable and Bio-sourced Polymers and Bio-composites
- Development of bio-renewable polymers for the plastics and composite industry.
- Production of a new agricultural mulch: Phase 2 – optimization, performance validation and industrial transfer.
- Development of a bio-sourced formula for cardboard paper coating.
- Development of environmentally friendly thermoplastic composites for the automotive industry from cellulose fibres.
- Development of a marine cellulose-biopolymer material using surface treatment techniques for cellulosic products.
- Using innovative technical specifications for polymers.
- Study of durability and mechanical performances of HDPE-based hybrid materials: application to the valorization of recycled polymers used in water pipes.
- Recycling of tubing and accessories used in the production of maple products.